Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Nailed It!

>> Friday, June 15, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! I have been a day off all week so it's not surprising this is late...I truly thought it was Thursday. Ack!! Anyway, I have a fun little Christmas card that pretty much sums up my week... a tangled mess! 

This was a lot of fun to make. It took a little engineering w/ the light string image but I think it accurately represents what has surely happened to us all at one time or another. And if I could have gotten away w/ it, I would have totally left them like this & called it a day. This tangled mess of lights is one reason my tree is now one of those that comes w/ lights already on it, lol. I used a stamp a ma jig to position the light string into the chaotic mess it is then colored it & added the plug on the side. I stamped just a few pine branches & 1 ornament to give the impression of the unlit tree off to the side. The greeting was made up of little die cut letters. 
Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used. 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend & Happy Father's Day to all you Dads!


Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Christmas Light StringPine BoughOrnaments Galore
paper: Staples 110# white, pine green
ink:  Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Copic markers, Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangles dies, Sizzix celebration words dies, Copic mulitliner pen






5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Julie! I love the decorating the tree and tangled lights angle...that is every year, right? Such a cute card!

Sue said...

Adorable card Julie! You made such a tangled mess I can't see where one image is from the next :) Cute little outlet too!

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, this is so fun! Great idea for a card - humor and beauty together. Wonderful share and card. Hope next week is much better! Hugz

Shelia said...

What a fun card, Julie! Love that tangled mess of lights. I think everyone can relate!! We too have a tree with the lights attached, for that very reason. Great card!

Karin said...

Never thought a card that showcases a pet peeve could be so gorgeous, fun and funny! Your mess of lights is simply amazing! Love the tree on the side and the little outlet too! Amazing :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP