Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Welcome Spring

>> Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of cards to share that use some of the newer stamps released at DRS Designs.  This card was made with my niece in mind.  We're so happy because she just bought her first house, and I thought a welcome to home ownership card would be perfect to showcase the new Welcome Oval stamp. I stamped it and sprayed it with adhesive, covering the whole thing in iridescent glitter.  When it was dry, I added a black mat. 


I dry embossed the top portion using a Darice folder that had the words "hello", and along the bottom I stamped the Mushroom House, coloring just one to match the green card base.  I then added a ribbon and attached the oval.

This card was made simply to celebrate Easter!  I used springtime colors of pink and green, and I stamped the pink background and white panel using one of my favorite flowers the
Dogwood Branch.  I wanted to feature the Decorated with Love Easter Greeting, so I stamped it and added some sponging when the die was still in place.  I liked the design on the above welcome stamp, so I stamped it, cut it in half and placed it behind the greeting.  


I added the adorable Vincent Van Bunny that I colored and fussy cut.  

Happy Easter and Happy Spring!
Karin


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, I am in love with your welcome card and the way you glittered it up! Those mushrooms are adorable too. What a great new home card. The Easter card is super cute. Great cards! Hugz

Shelia said...

Karin, these are so adorable! Your niece will love the welcome new home card. Love how you used the little mushroom houses on it. Great use of the welcome oval on your second card - very clever!

Sue said...

Great cards Karin! Your glittery welcome and the mushrooms beneath it are awesome! Your bunny card is just too cute! Great idea using the welcome parts as backgrounds!

Robin Clendenning said...

Aw, that's such a sweet bunny card and way to combine stamps!!
Your glittered Welcome is amazing!! Great cards!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute are these, Karin! The welcome is perfect w/ the little toadstool houses & the color combo is terrific. Your painting bunny is so sweet & the layout is so fun.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP