Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Easter

>> Monday, March 19, 2018



I don't know about you, but Easter is definitely sneaking up on me this year. I've been trying to get all of my Easter cards created before I leave for Virginia at the end of this week. I think I'm struggling with creating Easter cards because it is still so cold here in NW Ohio. Definitely ready for Spring!!

My first card today features the new Deco Easter Greeting and the 3 wooden crosses image, which is one of my favorite Easter images. I stamped it onto watercolor paper with Versafine Black ink, heat embossed it with clear EP and then used some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks to water color the crosses, sky and grassy area, It's layered onto brown CS and attached to a cream panel. The greeting was stamped with the same Black ink. It's a simple card that celebrates the true reason for the holiday.


My second card is also a simple card, but a little more time consuming since I had to piece the sun rays back into the frame. I started by die cutting the sun rays with both yellow and cream CS. I glued the cream frame onto the yellow frame before attaching it to the cream card base. Next I glued the yellow rays back into place. I didn't use the cream rays, so it has a little bit of dimension. The new Easter Blessings was stamped with Memento Black ink, colored with some Copics, die cut and attached with foam adhesive for even more dimension.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are further along with your Easter cards, than I am!!

blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

Sue said...

2 beautiful Easter cards Shelia! Awesome colors/coloring on the first one and I love the 2 color sun rays background on the 2nd as well as the die cut focal image!

Robin Clendenning said...

So pretty!! I love the one with the rays and the other is so classic and I love the color combo!! 2 Beautiful cards!

Karin said...

Lovely cards! The crosses are perfect for the Easter greetings sentiment and the die cut rays background is fabulous! Cheerful and hopeful all in one :)

nwilliams6 said...

Shelia, these are beautiful! Wow. Powerful first card with that super meaningful image and the die and designing on the second is really awesome. These are two very well done Easter cards!!! Love them both.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful Easter cards, Shelia! Love the framing on your triple crosses & your sun ray bg on the second is so pretty. Looks like an Easter sunrise!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP