Blog Widget by LinkWithin

love bug hug

>> Monday, February 5, 2018


Happy Monday Everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. Unfortunately I managed to come down with the flu. Not the best way to spend the weekend. I am feeling better today and hope to back to normal tomorrow.

My Valentine card today goes along with the Love Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations which DRS Designs is proudly sponsoring this week. My card was quick and easy to create, which was good considering I wasn't feeling too well this weekend. I started by stamping the Love Bug Hugs greeting with Versafine Onyx ink onto red CS, embossing two rows of hearts with a SU folder and then attaching it to the white card base. The Love Bug was stamped with Memento Black ink onto white CS, colored with Copics and die cut with a heart die from Spellbinders. I used a larger heart die from the same set to cut out the black heart. The heart piece was added to the card front with a plastic spiral to give some dimension and bounce to it. I cannot remember what those little things are called.

Hope you can find some time to join in the challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. We'd love to see what you create, plus you could be the winner of a discount coupon to DRS Designs online store.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute, Shelia! Love your embossed red bg. The big layered heart is perfect to show off your cute ladybug.

Sue said...

Cute card Shelia! I love a CAS card and you nailed it! Can't wait to see it bounce ;)

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Shelia!! I love this little bug and love your embossed bg! very cool!

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, you made this while having the flu - you are tough girl and creative at all times! This is so fun - I love that embossed heart bg and the cute way you did the love bug. Totally adorable and super fun! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Karin said...

This card is just super sweet! I love how the clean design showcases that cute little bug! Your great coloring brings her and her sweet grin to life!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP