Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Warm Wishes and Winter Foliage

>> Wednesday, January 24, 2018

With all the cold weather around the world right now, I wanted to do a card full of warm wishes.


I made the background by rubbing SU! ink on some aluminum foil and then splattering some white acrylic paint and water on it.  I soaked up the ink and paint with my paper and dried it.  I did the same with some Tim Holtz distress ink in vintage photo.  I used the brown to die cut my branches wth the Tim Holtz Branch die and then I hand-cut some leaves.  I added more textute to the leaves with a stylus and then added some Stickles sprinkled with glittery clear embossing powder.  I did the same to the berries on the branches.  I heated it all up and it bubbled up and made some great texture.  Then I stamped the DRS Designs Warm Wishes Greeting and cut it out like a banner.  I finished it all off with a splattering of diluted Snowtex. 

Hope you are staying warm!

Nancy

6 comments:

irishgreensue said...

Awesomesauce!!! - love how you crested the textures and gave your card such a frosty look!

Karin said...

Your backgrounds are always a piece of art! The foliage is super gorgeous too and a perfect winter greeting finishes it off. So lovely!

Shelia said...

Another amazing background, Nancy! It's perfect for your beautiful foliage & greeting. Love this!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the brown and blue together! Beautiful leaves and I love the splattered snowtex!
Beautiful Nancy!

Sue said...

Love...that...background Nancy!!! Not quite sure how you went from the blue to the brown - but I love it!! I can't believe your made those leaves out of paper! I thought for sure you bought them, but after your bacon and egg card I don't know why I did :) Absolutely beautiful!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful, Nancy! Your bg is totally fabulous & I love all the snowy texture on ti. You do the best leaves!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP