Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Valentine Wishes Treat Bag

>> Saturday, January 20, 2018

Welcome!

I have so many kids in my life that when I think of Valentines I can only think one thing...chocolate!

Our new Hugs, Kisses and Valentine Wishes got me thinking outside the card and I decided if I started reaaallly early (like now) I just might have time to make all the kiddo's a Valentine treat!

Here's a trick I read on the internet before Christmas.... purchase leftover Christmas Kisses at a discount if possible.  You  can use the red and silver for Valentines and save the green ones for St. Patrick's Day, unless you snack on them like I did ;)


This ended up being much simpler that I thought :)  The clear plastic bags I found are approx. 2 1/4" wide so my paper size is 2 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded at the 2 1/4" mark.  I stamped our new Valentine Greeting on the folded portion using red ink.  I used a portion of a scalloped rectangle to die cut the bottom and then layered red card stock behind it.  For the long portion in back of the kisses I tried several different backgrounds but just wasn't happy with any of them till I stamped our You're so Sweet greeting along the bottom and simply sponged on some pink along the edges.  My initial thought was to staple the bag inside, but realizing one of if kids is only 2 years old and not wanting to ruin my artwork I simply used double stick tape on both sides of the clear bag and taped it all together.

Thanks so much for visiting!!
Sue

5 comments:

Shelia said...

This is super cute Sue! The sponging looks great. Thanks for the tip on purchasing the kisses. I'll try to remember that for next year!

Robin Clendenning said...

This is such a cute gift/goodie bag idea!!! I love this!

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, what a fun treat! I love this idea. I need to make some up myself!!! Also a great idea purchasing Christmas kisses and taking out the green ones - awesome tip! Now I am craving some chocolate. Hugz

Karin said...

CUTE, cute and more cute! Awesome idea for a sweet treat and that sentiment is just perfect for the candy inside! Adorable :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Now how cute is this! Pretty darn cute, I'd say! Holding on to the Christmas colored kisses would work, if you could hide them away. Now if we can only figure out a way to repurpose Halloween candy, lol.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP