Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Snowy Friends

>> Sunday, January 28, 2018

Hi Everyone,

New stamps have been released at DRS Designs and as soon as I got this image of a Snowy Birdhouse (530H), I knew I wanted to make a birthday card with my brother-in-law in mind.  He's a total bird fan with a January birthday, so every year I try to incorporate birds onto his card.  This stamp combo is perfect for him!  

I colored up the image with my Copic markers, die cut it and added some glitter glue and mini snowflakes to the image.  The background was created using the Pine Bough stamp and I added and embossed strip embellished with the same glitter glue.


I stamped the Extra Tweet Birthday Greeting (547D) and die cut it, adding a bit of green sponging, and I chose a strip of red paper to help anchor it to the card.  

In keeping with the snowy theme, I made and easy friendship too.  I dry embossed a white frame and attached it to a blue background that was stamped using the Interlocking Snow stamp and blue ink.  


I stamped, fussy cut and colored up the Simply Snowman, attaching it inside the frame.  I bought myself some speech bubble dies (a Christmas present for me, from me...lol!)  and used one for the Flakey Friends Winter Greeting.  Easy peasy!

Hoping your day is super chill!
Karin

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, awesome colors on both cards! I really love your birdhouse coloring and branch stamping in the bg on the first and the sentiment and snowflakes are perfect on the second. Awesome stamping my friend!

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Karin, I especially love your birdhouse card! Love the snowflakes and love the layout and embossing!!! Your snowman is super cute too!

Sue said...

Adorable cards Karin!! Love the coloring and accents on the birdhouse card and I think the speech bubble on the snowman is wonderful!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute are these, Karin! Love all the layers & backgrounds. I bought several speech bubble dies last year & I love them. I'm laughing at your present to yourself comment...my nephew did that when he was about 7. They had a Santa secret shop at school so he bought himself a harmonica. Wrapped it up, put "from Nate to Nate" & put it under the tree. We all got a big laugh from that.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP