Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Thanksgiving

>> Monday, October 23, 2017

Hi Everyone. I have been trying to get all of my Thanksgiving cards created this week before I get seriously started on Christmas cards. I'm afraid I have fallen behind on all of my card creating. Anyway, my card today features the elegant filigree pumpkin and Script Happy Thanksgiving greeting.

I started with a piece of water color paper and sponged on some TH Distress Oxide inks. After blending the colors, I stamped the filigree pumpkin onto the distress inks with water. I really like the result of this technique. While that dried, I stamped the filigree pumpkin with the same orange distress ink, after stamping off once onto scratch paper, then stamped the greeting over top with Archival Jet Black ink. After putting it all together, I decided it needed a little bling, so I added some orange sequins.



Thanks for stopping by today!

blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Shelia, that bg is amazing! Wow. I love it. Super Thanksgiving card!!!

Sue said...

Incredible background Shelia! Awesome colors and the filigree pumpkin give it some wonderful texture!!

Janett said...

So pretty Shelia. I love the background that you created.

Robin Clendenning said...

I like your resist bg and colors! Your pumpkin and Thanksgiving is wonderful framed with the oval and scallop!

Karin said...

Your background is super pretty and the pumpkin behind the sentiment ties the card all together! Great design :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP