Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Pumpkin Patch

>> Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Hi Everyone,

Today I have the homeowner blues. Back in February of this year, I may have mentioned that my refrigerator broke, leaked and ruined my wood floors.  It was a long, messy haul getting new floors installed and a new fridge in place, but in the end everything looks lovely.  So imagine my horror when I came home to another leak in my kitchen and basement! Nooooooooooo......was my cry heard through the neighborhood.  I ran around like a mad woman, trying to find a shut off valve and I quickly called an emergency plumber (aka expensive plumber) who fixed what was broken regarding the plumbing, and promptly told me my dishwasher needs a new part. I have since found out the new part and fix will cost almost as much as a new one, so I will be hand washing dishes until I can get a new one installed.  Ah yes, home ownership!  A blessing and a curse ;)

Basically what I'm saying is, I need this sunny cheerful card as much as anyone today!  It features the new Pumpkin Patch stamp, and it put me in a perfect mood for fall.  It was fun and easy to color and I simply die cut it and added a mat. 


The background was dry embossed with fall words and I added the empty frame for embellishment.  It was a scrap item that had been sitting on my desk and finding a use for stuff like that makes me happy too.  To finish the card I added a green ribbon and die cut some sunflowers to play off the the stamped image. 

Here's wishing you a sunny and happy day!
Karin

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, So sorry you are having so many homeowner issues! I have been there.

Your card is wonderful. So many lovely layers and texture and fun additions like the flowers and open frame. Super coloring too. All around greatness and such a super Fall card.

Sue said...

What a bummer Karin!!! I'm hoping your floor didn't get ruined again! There is definitely something to be said for renting, any problems and someone else has to deal with it ;)

I hope your card cheered you up as much as it did me this morning! LOVE those giant sunflowers - a perfect match for our new pumpkin patch stamp!! Love the bright green bow too!

Shelia said...

Gorgeous coloring on this beautiful Fall card, Karin. I really like this design & your big sunflowers as perfect on this!

Sorry about your dishwasher. Hope everything is fixed really soon!

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh Karin, your pumpkins are so delightfully colored with the shine in each section!! Love the sunflowers too, so cute!

Janett said...

Karin,your card is lovely the coloring is perfect and the sunflowers are the perfect finishing touch.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Karin! Love the big sunflowers w/ the lovely little pumpkin patch. Wonderful colors & layers.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP