Blog Widget by LinkWithin

All Brains!

>> Saturday, September 16, 2017

Good morning!
I just had to get the zombies back out for Halloween.
These are so much fun to play with and still very popular with certain movies out and popular TV series going.
I like to add fun colors and scary backgrounds sometimes and today was one of those days.
My first card features the DRS stamps: Zombies Brains Love Greeting 933D and Zombie Guy 917G.


I started with an Oxide background (Jennifer McGuire and Tim Holtz have great video tutorial for this technique), added a 1" yellow moon and then the haunted tree/house scene die, by Taylored Expressions, out of black and added yellow behind the windows.
I stamp stamped the Zombies sentiment onto the background, stamped and colored my Zombie Guy and fussy cut him to go on the scene I created. I then punched a grass border to go at the bottom (I have grass dies but always forget about them??? My punch is always handy).



I scary part is that they thought they had the zombies locked away from the general public but oops, there is one coming out of the ground...OUTSIDE the gate!!!!! Yikes!


I started with a regular A-2 size piece of white and colored a background for the inside of my shadow box then colored another 5 1/2 X 5 1/2" card base for the shadow box to sit on so that I would still end up with a card at the end not just a box.  I made the box  (it is black) (you can buy them pre-cut and scored from Heartfelt Creation) and then used white pigment ink and Oxide inks to add some color (the backgrounds are Oxide inks as well). I stamped and colored all my DRS stamps listed above and then fussy cut them all.  I placed the Zombie Guy and Gal inside the shadow box, tore some paper borders for the ground and then added my gate, lock and chain on top of the shadow box. (The gate, lock and key are made by Sizzix for Stampin' Up! and the chain is a die by Elizabeth Craft Designs).  I added Black Oxide to the gray fence and some silver metallic Rub-Ons and added black ink to the silver lock and chain as well as a bit of shading on the chain for shape.
The Happy Halloween Arc was stamped on a scrap of white, sponged then cut with some circle dies, one larger than the other (LifeStyle Crafts). I sprayed a bit of water onto the sign to activate the Oxide effect in the ink.
The sign and hand were the last to be added on the outside then done! Yay!

I think any zombie fan would love either of these cards for Halloween, I'm not even a zombie fan but I love the DRS zombies!

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin


6 comments:

Sue said...

OMG!!! These are awesome! Love the colors of the background on the first card (incredible die too!) Your 2nd card is amazing! LOVE the gate! especially the way you have it locked closed - too bad one of the zombies is escaping!!

Janett said...

Love your zombie cards. The background is beautiful and the hand coming up out in front of the gate is so cool.

Shelia said...

Wow Robin, these are super Halloween cards! I really like the background on the first one. The details on the second card are amazing!

nwilliams6 said...

Robin, this is just the best pair of cards! I can't tell you enough how much I love them and how much they make me smile. So creative and outstanding cards! WOW!

Karin said...

Oh good grief! These are so spectacular! They simultaneously inspire me and make me want to give up on card making altogether...lol! Gah! Your coloring, that background you made and the design of the locked gate is just A-May-Zing! Just WOW! You rock :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are terrific Halloween cards, Robin! Your zombie is pretty creepy & he looks super w/ that bg & spooky house. The locked graveyard gate card is over the top! Love it!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP