Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Drop in for a spell!

>> Monday, August 21, 2017

Hi Everyone. Hope you had a good weekend and found some time to get inky! My card today features a couple of new Halloween stamps: Drop in for a Spell and the Bubbling Beaker.


I started with black CS, stamped the new greeting and Magic potion shelf with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with detailed white EP. The Bubbling Beaker was stamped with Memento Black ink onto white CS, colored with Copics and fussy cut. The black panel was punched with a spider web border punch before attaching it to the purple CS and then the black CS. The ribbon, button and Bubbling Beaker were then added to the panel.

Inside I stamped the Magic Potion Shelf with TH Distress Oxide ink. I smudged the ink and had to do something to hide my mistake. I used a brush and some water to grab the smudged ink and moved it around to color underneath the shelf.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to check DRS Designs' on line store to see all these fun new Halloween images and greetings.

until next time,
shelia

6 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the black, gray and lavender color combo, very appealing and looks great for Halloween! I love the row of other bottles with the new beaker too! Very cut Halloween card!

Sue said...

So cute!! Love the black panel with the white embossing - not to mention the purple accents! Great idea turning a smudge into a shelf!!! It really grabbed my attention before I knew why it was there ;)

Janett said...

Great card Shelia, I love the colors that you used.

Samantha said...

Super fun card, Shelia! Excellent color combo and the inside is cool too!

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, such a great idea to do this in black, white and gray - adds to the spookiness and makes the images pop. I so wish I would have thought of it. Fun card, my friend.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Love this, Shelia! The black & violet are great together & I love the white embossed potions & punched top.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP