Blog Widget by LinkWithin

You brighten my day

>> Thursday, July 27, 2017

Welcome!

I'd love to say I have another quick and easy card for you, but I have to admit that this card was neither.  If I had to re-make it, it might not be too bad, but some aspects of it gave me nothing but trouble :)


So, lets start with the easy parts.  The sponged sunset (which kinda worried me) was pretty much a dream to make - yeah!!  There are a couple of extra colors in real life, but it came out pretty much exactly like I wanted.  Next, I worried a bit about stamping our new Silhouette Palm Tree Line - I'm kind of picky when it comes to stamping a silhouette image - I like them as black as black can be.  Again, I worried for nothing.  A well inked black pigment pad and I'm happy to say it stamped perfectly the first time - yeah again!!  Since I wasn't going for a glossy embossed look, I set it aside for the pigment ink to dry for a couple of days and when I came back to it that's when it all went bad. I'll spare you the ugly details, and just tell you that after 2 hours of trying this and that, in the end I added just the top portion of a nestie frame and pieced together 2 stamps for the greeting and die cut it with a smaller version of the same frame (again modified).  The You is from Our Thoughts are with You and the bottom line is from You Brighten My Day.  It took a couple of tries since I didn't cut up my greetings, but once it was all together and attached to a folded black card I decided it was worth the effort :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Sue

7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous sky, Sue. Love the colors! The layout came out super well so your adventure was worth it. Fancy stamping on the sentiment - I would have had to cut them. Super pretty tropical card. Hugz

Karin said...

Your sunset is gorgeous! It's the perfect backdrop for the palm trees and it totally brightened my day :)

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh, gorgeous colors Sue!!! I love bright colorful colors and this is just my cuppa!
Love the nice edge too and the sentiment on the same type edge...looks striking!

Janett said...

Sue your card is so pretty I love the colors of the sunset. The card came together beautifully.

Shelia said...

Beautiful sky, Sue! I like the edge you created for this too. Great job combining greetings too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty & so tropical, Sue! Love the sun in the middle of your pink/purple sky. The white embossing on the black really stands out.

Samantha said...

This is gorgeous, Sue! I love the colors of your sky and the dramatic black!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP