Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wild thing???

>> Monday, July 17, 2017

Well this card turned into something totally different than I had envisioned. But I think I like it. When I received the new Pretty Bird Odie, the Parrot I knew I wanted to color him to look like an African Grey Parrot. When we lived in Germany we babysat an African Grey for friends for a year and fell in love with that bird. Her name was Gabby and we thought that was because she was from Gabon, West Africa. We soon learned the real reason for her name. That bird could gab! She had lived in France for a while so she spoke some French. She always told us good night in French and she would whistle the French National Anthem. She was so good at imitating voices. She soon learned to call my husband's name in my voice and my name in his. She had us answering and looking for each other all the time!  The kids taught her to say "Eat me, yum!" Not sure the owners appreciated that new phrase. Anyway, in honor of Gabby my parrot is an African Grey.




I started by stamping, coloring and fussy cutting Odie and Jimbo and the gang. To make it look like a jungle I die cut a bunch of leaves from various shades of green CS as well as some from yellow and orange CS. The Markers Mart Die of the Month kit for July was tropical leaves. Talk about good timing! So after die cutting all the leaves, I die cut a green frame and partially glued it onto the kraft card base. I added Jimbo and the gang and then began placing all the leaves where I wanted. I had no intention of adding so many, but it kind of took on a life of its own. Once I had things where I wanted I started gluing everything down with TH Multi Matte Medium. The last thing I did was stamp Wild Thing onto kraft CS and die cut it with a banner die.

I stamped Odie on the inside with VersaMark ink and added the "It's a Jungle Out There" greeting.


Well I hope you like my African Grey Parrot with his jungle friends. Be sure to check the DRS Designs on line store for all the new images, including Pretty Bird Odie.

Thanks for stopping by today!

blessings,
shelia


7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Shelia, what a great scene you have created here! Many wonderful images and dies! Your African Grey looks perfect inside and out. Very smart thinking in creating all this - it looks wonderful. Hugz

Sue said...

Fun card Shelia! I totally missed using Odie in the jungle - duh! Great story too - sound like you had a great time bird sitting!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow Shelia, this is amazing! I love the jungle theme with all the jungle animals, genius! What a great bunch of die cuts to complete the scene as well! Love it!

Samantha said...

What an awesome card, Shelia! I've never been to the jungle, but this looks pretty close!

Janett said...

Wow Shelia, I love it.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is awesome, Shelia! Love all the tropical foliage & your parrot looks just like an African Grey. Those are very smart birds & some of the best talkers around. Have to say, the real Odie loved to talk & he also loved to whistle & was quite a dancer. That bird really liked to rock!

Karin said...

This is just brilliant! I love how Odie is part of the jungle crew, that is such a creative idea! Love all the leaves and foliage too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP