Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Oxide Rainbow Water Stamping

>> Saturday, July 22, 2017

Good morning!

I was trying the Jennifer McGuire water stamping technique this weekend
so here are a couple of sample I did with DRS stamps.
I think I should have left the stamps on a little longer but this was my attempt.
The first background is stamped with background stamp Script Font Bg. 098P
after sponging Oxide Distress inks onto white card stock.
I stamped the Three Butterflies 744F on white, colored then fussy cut adding pearls for flight trails. 
The sentiment actually says the same thing as the background, Life Is Measured 216F and die cut with a pieced oval.
The border die is from Heartfelt Creations.



 My next card was basically done the same way but I used the World Map Backgroud 572P to water stamp (mist stamp with water and lay it on the Oxide Ink for a few minutes). I then stamped Pretty Bird Odie Parrot 207G, Flower Border 1076H, and Life is Measured 216F onto white and colored then fussy cut, die cut sentiment. I found some Cheery Lynn leaves to use for a jungle effect.

Rainbow colors always show up better on black to me so I used black card stock for my card base on both cards.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Gorgeous cards today, Robin! The water technique came out beautifully and your vivid colors are just awesome!

Shelia said...

Beautiful water stamping, Robin. I really like this technique. It gives such beautiful results, especially with these gorgeous colors!

newbie85 said...

I LOVE your cards, Robin!!! The colors are GORGEOUS, especially on the black, as they really show up!!! And you really have a handle on the water technique. Looks GREAT!!!!

Janett said...

Beautiful cards Robin, I need to give your technique a try.

nwilliams6 said...

The colors on these are amazing, Robin. So pretty and so many very special details. I so love your cards! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so colorful, Robin! Love your wonderful rainbows. The bgs look perfect w/ the butterflies & parrot.

Karin said...

STUNNING cards! Wow, the colors are simply beautiful and the sentiment is perfect for these card! Totally took my breath away :)

Sue said...

These are absolutely GORGEOUS Robin! I especially love the swoop and scroll on the butterfly card - but they are both incredible!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP