Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Better Boots

>> Friday, July 14, 2017

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

  Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Time to put on your walkin' boots! I love me some boots & no matter how many pair I have, I'm always on the look out for a snazzy pair like these
. I call these my Texas Bluebonnet boots. I used colors that remind me of bluebonnets in the spring. Do you think somebody somewhere has actually made boots like these? I hope so..& if I ever find them, they're coming home w/ me! 
After I stamped & colored them, I die cut the circle burst above them then cut a series of circles out of the lime & lavender to fit behind the rings of dots. Half of the greeting was stamped in the center & the rest of it was stamped onto a pennant flag. I added a couple of matching mats to finish.
Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
paper: X[Press It white, Staples 110# white, lime, lavender
ink:  Memento tuxedo black (Kaleidacolor riviera on inside)
accessories:  Misti, Copic markers, Spellbinders A2 matting basics A & B, sm & lg circles dies, Memory Box sm. circle burst die, MFT fishtail flag dies

6 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Ok, I need those boots! I have to admit that I do not have that color combo! I love the way you did the sentiment in two parts! Very fun, colorful, beautiful card!

Sue said...

Love it, Julie! Your colors are excellent, and I love the circle burst - especially with the alternating colors behind it!
I'm sad to say that there's not much call for cowboy boots here in the north, but I'd be tempted if I found a pair in these colors too!

Karin said...

How gorgeous! I love the colors on this, such a surprise when it comes to a card featuring cowboy boots :)

Shelia said...

Such a fun & festive card, Julie! Great color combo & layout. The color burst looks awesome with the different colors behind!

Janett said...

Beautiful card Julie I love the colors.

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, this is sooooo cool! Love the die you used on the front and the totally awesome colors. Makes me want to go color some more images right now. Awesome card. Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP