Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Perfect Day!

>> Saturday, June 24, 2017

Good morning!
It is so very hot and sunny here that all I could think of was somewhere to go to cool off!!!  For us on the west coast, that would be the coast where it is ALWAYS 20-30 degrees cooler that where I live.

Oh man, this card makes me wish I were there!  I love my Mtns where I have lived for 35 years but I grew up at the beach so that love will always be in me too!  There is nothing so majestic as waves crashing onto the rocks of some of the rugged west coastline (I'm sure the East coastline has similar) or the even melodic sounds of the waves crashing onto the sandy beaches where children AND adults love to play.
For this card I did not have any masking to do.  Everything stamped nicely without.  I added some black lines to make a cove and also make the horizon, colored with my Copic markers and then made my frame from a piece of corrugated stock.  I cut it to 4 1/4 X 5 1/2" then die cut the center with a Spellbinder A2 Rectangle Nestability die.  I dry brushed it with white acrylic paint and popped it up on top of my Seaside scene.  I then fussy cut my anchor and my seashells and added them to the frame.

The other place to go is in the high country of the Sierra.
It sometimes still snows at 10,000 feet in June and July.  Yes, we have been there in July when it snowed.  It was a one day thing so we were able to go on our backback trip anyway.  The day it snowed we headed (by car) to Mammoth Mtn for some waterproof gear at a sporting goods store.  I wore the Gore-Tex boots I bought for a whole lot of years after!!  The Gore-Tex pant (shell)? well, my grandson still uses them for snowboarding!


DRS stamps: Silhouette Hiker 1026G, Follow Your Dreams Signpost 137G, and Silhouette Majestic Pines757L

I decided to get some more of my corrugated pieces out (of retirement, Ha!) for this frame as well.  This piece is kind of blackish (I bought a bunch of different colors probably 20 years ago).  This one I cut the same but since it was very dark I used Metallic Rub-Ons to give it more character and dimension.  I also found these little plastic embellishments (the brown leaves and tan acorns) that I added to the corner after wrapping the top 3 times with twine.  I've popped my sign up onto the popped up frame.

I hope you can get some inspiration from these cards today!
Thanks for visiting!
Robin

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Robin, these are soooo fabulous. You know how much I love a corrugated anything and these frames are awesome! Super combinations of wonderful stamps that look totally awesome together. LOVE them! Hugz

Wishing I could go somewhere with snow right now!!!

Janett said...

Your cards are so pretty Robin, I love how you colored the sunset with the sail boat. Your other card is just as lovely.

Shelia said...

Fantastic cards, Robin! Love the scene you created on the first one. Your sky is gorgeous!

Karin said...

I'm about to cry over your gorgeous card making skills! Your sailboat card just leaves me speechless! The scene is beautiful and I love the rustic corrugated frame on both!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Awesome, Robin! Your little lighthouse/sailboat scene is beautiful! And your hiking scene is wonderful. Great job!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP