Blog Widget by LinkWithin

God Bless Your Retirement

>> Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I often dream about what we will do when we hit retirement age, but it's a few years in the distance for us.  Winter in Florida? Travel? Buy a ranch? ( A one level house, not property with horses...lol!)  It's fun to think about, but at the same time I don't want to wish my life away.  So, while I'm living my life until then, I'll just have fun creating some cards with a retirement theme :)

It's a cream and black monochromatic card that I have for my share today, featuring the lovely God Bless Retirement Greeting that was stamped and die cut.

I created the background using the Polka Dot Flower and layered onto it a strip of Swiss Dot embossed paper and punched flower border.


For embellishment, I stamped the flower on black paper and heat embossed it using white embossing powder. I fussy cut it, attaching it to the card with a piece of foam tape and adding a black gem.
Here is a close up:


Here's to everyone who's blessed to live long enough to make those retirement dreams come true!

Have a great day!
Karin

6 comments:

Shelia said...

OH Karin, this is lovely! Black $ white (cream) cards are always so elegant looking. And yours certainly is. Great layout, the fussy cut flower is awesome too!

Sue said...

What a wonderful card Karin! Love the drama of the black and white and your coordinating polka dots!

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, you do the best embossing. I love the way this came out with the reverse embossed flower really standing out. So cute! Love the super elegant and fun look of this card. Great job. Hugz

Janett said...

Oh Karin, I love your card the monochromatic color is perfect you did a wonderful job.

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh this is so cool! I love that flower repeated in the black and white! Amazing!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is super, Karin! Black & white is such a classy combo & I've always loved that polka dot flower.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP