Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Dreaming of Colder Weather

>> Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Today's cards are influenced heavily by my wish for cooler weather.  A trip to the mountains would be in my future if I had even one single day of vacation left!

The first card would be great for a winter retirement (or someone wishing for cooler weather like me).  I did an ink smooshing technique for the bg (drug some black ink on some aluminum foil, spritzed with a bunch of water and slapped my paper on it).  Next, I heat embossed the new See You Later Alligator image.  Added a few little Skippy the Penguins to match the 'til then Penguin part of the image.  Fun!

I had to share my next card  too.  It was made for the Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  I cased THIS awesome card by AJ Bodine. I was inspired by her colors and swirls.  To make it, I sponged on a bunch of colors for the top panel and covered it all with walnut distress ink over a stencil.  I heat embossed Dream Big Graduation Greeting, Interlocking Snow Background and Small Merry Christmas and layered it all up on top of another stenciled background.


Hugz,

Nancy

6 comments:

Shelia said...

These are fabulous cards, Nancy. You create the best backgrounds! Love both of these!

Karin said...

These are just wonderful! I love the frosty look the black and white card has and the embossing on the Christmas card looks amazing!

SmilynStef said...

That texty stamp is just so fun

Robin Clendenning said...

Love your bg. I have a black and white/gray tone one I did and could not think of how to use it but the penguins is the perfect choice! Love this card with the see ya later sayings! So totally perfect!
Fun Christmas card too!

Janett said...

Nancy the background on the black and white card is perfect, I love it. The Christmas card is perfect.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are just beautiful, Nancy! Your backgrounds are so unique & I love the colors on both.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP