Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Prayers

>> Saturday, April 29, 2017

Good morning!
Today I have a couple of fun folds to show you.
This first one is a favorite of mine, the easel card.  This one uses a decorative die from Spellbinder. The base is cut from a folded piece of card stock with the die hanging over the top just enough so that the top/fold won't be cut. Then cut one more for the front.   The rest is as a normal easel card, make sure you are careful to match up the die cuts on the part of the base where you add the front.


DRS stamps: 110 G Praying for Friends and 314L Lily Sympathy Cross

I colored the lilies to be a sort of light green/white/lavender color and the cross is suppose to be a sort of gold.  You could take the tag off the card and use it as a book marker too! 


This next card is a swing fold card.
I have a link to a great tutorial below.
 To make this card I have used a tutorial from HERE.
Only I used the rounded corner square dies because mine from Lifestyle Crafts are so closely sized as to make the perfect size matting (in my opinion anyway).
Pretty much you can use any shape die.



I stamped and embossed the flowering tree branch on two white panels cut to size then I sponged on pink and yellow dye ink.  I then stamped the front and back of my swing panel and sponged the edges with pink and colored the flowers in yellow and pink to match.
Hard to see but there are clear micro beads in the centers of the colored flowers for texture and there are a few scattered sequins on the pink and yellow base panels.

Thanks for visiting today!
I hope you will go into your craft room and try these techniques.
Happy crafting!!
Robin


6 comments:

Sue said...

Oh my stars! What beautiful sympathy cards Robin! Not only are the folds super cool, your colors and coloring is (as always) incredible!!

Janett said...

Robin, both of your cards are just beautiful.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, both cards are just amazing. Some wonderful dies, folds, sponging and colors. Your cards are always a delight and I love what you do with color!!! Hugz

Shelia said...

These are both gorgeous sympathy cards, Robin. Love them both!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How beautiful, Robin! The bgs & colors are so pretty! And the folds are really super.Great job!

Karin said...

Oh Robin! Just wow! The bright colors and branch background is simply stunning and the first card looks like a piece of art! Amazing!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP