Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Owl be sending good luck your way

>> Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Hi Everyone,

March is just around the corner and I couldn't be happier to be stamping and making cards for St. Patrick's day.  It's less than a month away and DRS Designs has just released some new stamps for this upcoming holiday!

I decide to pull out my owl punch and dress this little guy in an outfit made using the Shamrock Background.  After adding some googly eyes,  I perched him on the Leafy Tree Branch that I stamped and colored up with my Copic markers.  The owl punch has a tiny heart with it, so I used three of them and made a little shamrock balloon, adding a hand drawn string.  


I covered the seam of the patterned paper with a piece of striped ribbon and used the new Irish Good Luck Circle to make a little medallion using my circle punches.  It then does double duty as a sentiment, as well as an embellishment!

Here's hoping your day is filled with the luck of the Irish :)

Karin

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, this is so darn cute!!! I love the owl punch (wish I had never sold mine) and making that new image into a ribbon is so fun! Love everything you did on this card - one of my faves you have done. Hugz

Janett said...

This is so cute, your little owl is adorable and the whole card is perfect.

Sue said...

So cute Karin!! Love your owl and the badge is fantastic! Very creative making the balloon out of the hearts too!!!

Shelia said...

Karin, this is too cute! I love your little owl with his shamrock outfit! So adorable! Great design too!!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Cute lucky charm owl! Very cute card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is adorable, Karin! Love your little St. Patrick's Day owl. The colors are perfect & you know...I think I have some ribbon like that. Great way to use the Shamrock circle, too.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP