Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Winter Fun - NOT!

>> Thursday, December 29, 2016

Welcome to my last post of 2016!

Here's a quick, fun card I made while relaxing on the 26th. The week between Christmas and New Years is probably my favorite week of the year, it always feels like a week out of time to me - more relaxed and slower after the pre-Christmas rush!



I started my card by cutting our new Skip Winter stamp so the mittens were separate from the wording so I could stamp the mittens twice and then center the saying under both - it also let me use black ink for the mittens and blue for the wording :)

I added the Pine Tree Snowdrifts above the mittens and used a single snowflake from the mittens to add a few flakes above the trees/snowdrifts.  The photo is actually showing waaaay more blue than my actual card for both the snow (turquoise ink) and the sky (cornflower blue ink) but I just can't get it to lighten up on my computer no matter what I tried.

After coloring the mittens I went for a simple background of sponged pink and purple and layered it with some purple paper in between.

Thanks so much for visiting!

Happy New Year!!!

Sue

5 comments:

Janett said...

Love it, great ideal to cut the words off. The added pine snow drift really completes the scene. Beautiful card.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute is this! Adorable, Sue! Love the bright colors..I guess they'll need to be bright to see those mittens sticking up thru the snow.

Robin Clendenning said...

Ha! So cute!! I love the mitten stamp more than once and in pink, how cute is that! Love the two little trees as well, it really gives the feel of a whole field of hands voting to skip winter! Very fun!

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, I love how you used the mitten stamp like this - you used it to its fullest. You make me look at stamps in a new way! Fun, fun, fun card. I love the week in between Christmas and New Year's Day too - it is always slower at work and we always get a few days off as well. Hope your holiday is wonderful. Hugz

Shelia said...

Love how you used these mittens, Sue! Great card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP