Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Holly Days

>> Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Hi Everyone,

I can hardly believe that Christmas is in just a few days.  As I get older, the holidays seem to fly by more quickly with each passing year..And can I be honest? I'm just now finishing up sending out my cards. Yikes!  I hope the post office isn't as behind on things as I am :)

Here's a card that I would sneak out even after Christmas Day has come and gone, since it celebrates this time of year and everything holly.  I'd write or stamp a Happy New Year inside and not feel bad at all :)

I came across a card in my stash that I made eons ago and used it as inspiration for today's card share.  I began with a cream colored card base and dry embossed the green background using my holly berry embossing folder.  I cut another piece of green cardstock slightly smaller and die cut a round window out of  it, and then adhered my stamped Triple Holly image behind it.  I place a larger piece of cream behind that and embossed it once more, adding a piece of ribbon before adhering it to the card.



To finish it off, I added the Holly Days Christmas Greeting that I simply trimmed to fit the space.  Be sure to visit DRS Designs for these stamps and many more!

Happy Holly Days to you and yours!
Karin

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Beautiful card, Karin. I really like the window with the holly & all the embossing!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Karen! Love that embossed green bg & the holly leaves highlight by the circle cut out. Wonderful Christmas (or after) card.

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh how pretty, I love all the holly. Love the holly embossing and the circle cut out with the holly!!!

Sue said...

A perfect after Christmas card ;) Love the design of the ribbon wrapped inside the circle - very clever!!

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, some great embossing and a super sketch. The holly looks great in that cut-out. Great idea to case stash cards - I forget to even think about that option. Fun! Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP