Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Mixed Media Holly

>> Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The last day of November is usually the day I start to panic because I haven't decorated yet, bought enough presents, or made enough Christmas Cards.  This year is no different - I still need to make a bunch more Christmas cards to have enough to send out.  Here is one more down, and I think I will make a few more like it.


To start this card, I stamped the Cardinal on Branch image and colored it with Tim Holtz distress crayons, CTMH ink using a blender pen, water color pencils, and a white gel pen.  Then I stamped the new Holly Jingle Bells image twice and fussy cut both out.  I colored them with water colored pencils and distress crayons.  On one of the images, I cut only the holy out and added some SU! Dazzling Details to make the berries pop.  Next, I chalked the background rubbing a sponge on some chalk and then rubbing it all around my image and panel.  It still needed something so I used stencils and Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  I then rubbed some of the TH Walnut Stain Distress Ink all around the edges.  On the sentiment banner, I used the new Holly Days Christmas Greeting rubbing on a bit of the chalk so it wouldn't look so white. 

Hope you are not as late as me with your Christmas cards!

Hugz,

Nancy

6 comments:

Janett said...

Oh Nancy, this card is just beautiful. What a great ideal to combine these two stamps. Love the background.

Shelia said...

I agree with Janett, combining these two images is such a great idea! Love your gorgeous card! wow!!

Robin Clendenning said...

what a cool idea Nancy!! I love the two stamps together like that! Love your stenciled bg too, how pretty this is!

Sue said...

What a gorgeous card Nancy! I love how you covered the cardinal with the holly and bells - and your coloring is incredible!

Karin said...

I love the layering of images and your coloring is always fantastic! The banners sentiment is just super too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is awesome, Nancy! I adore your fab bg & the cardinal is perfect to go w/ the silver bells. Beautiful card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP