Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanksgiving Scarecrow

>> Friday, October 7, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!

I hope your week has gone well! And I hope you are not in the path of Hurricane Matthew! It's been a long time since I've had to go thru a major hurricane. But since I grew up on the TX Gulf Coast, we had quite a few bad ones, so I sympathize with all those affected. And I'm sure we'll have a lot of people heading this way from the coastal areas of FL, GA & SC. I just hope we at least get a little rain..it's been so very dry here lately.

I used 3 Splitcoaststampers Challenges…the Sketch (SC613),  Color (CC603) & Monday’s Technique (TLC606) as guides to make my card.  I used all 5 of the colors from the challenge for my Thanksgiving card & did the bandana tech (for the Technique challenge) on the olive green strips. For the sketch, I let the legs of the scarecrow serve as the 2nd horizontal band of the sketch, but all other elements are there.
The scarecrow was colored w/ Copics, fussy cut & added to a stitched oval that I stamped the arced greeting across the top. The scroll image was stamped on the die cut olive strips & I used the white gel pen for the bandana tech. The ombre yellow strip started out a honey color & I sponged the Distress inks on it going to red at the bottom. The sponged & fussy cut leaves & punched branches were added around the oval.
Here’s a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Julie2 sig 
Supplies:
Stamps: DRS Designs – Split Scarecrow, Thanksgiving ArcOpen LeafScroll Corner Tile (inside- Thanksgiving Thinking of You)
Paper: Staples 110# white, X-Press It white, olive green, harvest gold
Ink: Memento tuxedo black,northern pine, Distress Ink fossilized amber, spiced marmalade, fired brick
Accessories:  Copic markers, Misti,  white gel pen, Misti, MS branch punch, McGill pine branch punch, MFT diagonal stitched rectangles, Lil’ Inker long skinny stitched rectangles, ODBD ovals & stitched ovals dies




5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Amazing, Julie. I really like the colors, the sketch, the way you did the scarecrow and the paper strips but I totally love your explosion of foliage above the scarecrow. Awesome card. Hugz

Karin said...

This is so lovely and festive :) The colors are gorgeous and the leaves and greenery are the perfect amount of texture. Great layout too! Hope you don't feel the effects of the hurricane too much!

Donna W said...

Very pretty fall card!

Robin Clendenning said...

Julie, I just love this! The colors are so pleasing and I love that "crown" of leaves over your die cut oval. The strips in the back make at wonderful backdrop as well! Beautiful!

Sue said...

Beautiful fall card Julie! Your bandana background looks fun - wish I could see a bit more of it ;) Wonderful colors and coloring too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP