Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Zombie Warning!

>> Friday, August 26, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Is it starting to look a little spooky around here? Must be all the wonderful new DRS Halloween images! It looks like our own version of  the Walking Dead! I picture  these zombies as kind of greenish gray so that's how I colored this new Zombie Gal. Since the background is also a shadowy gray, I wanted some color so I added the orange to her shirt & the spooky moon (which was stamped separately & fussy cut). The bg was sponged in using the pumice ink & a cloud stencil I made using a piece of acetate (from a piece of packaging) & a pair of scallop scissors. I made it out of the plastic because I wanted it to hold up & also so I could wipe it off. Since it was made years ago, so far, so good! I used the same ink to stamp the grass. 
Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
paper: white, orange
ink: Memento tuxedo black Distress Ink pumice stone, Versafine onyx
accessories: Copic markers, Misti, Spellbinders A2 matting basics B, stitched rectangle die, self made cloud stencil, red micron pen


 

6 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGosh Julie, you really know how to color zombies!!! This one looks so scary! Those eyes...yikes! LOL! I love it, you made her look like the REAL walking dead...or um, I mean, the TV Walking Dead...same thing right?!! Hee!
Love the shadows on the tombstones too! Really cool card!

Sue said...

This is one creepy zombie Julie!! Love the dark neutral background contrasting with the bright oranges - perfect scene too!

Sue said...

In the words of my 6 year old son Jake when he saw your card..."That's soooooo creepy - Why did she make it so creepy?" "Those eyes are too creepy" :) Well done!

Karin said...

This is so spectacular! Super creepy and she totally jumps off of the card due to your fab coloring on her outfit! LOVE!

Shelia said...

You do have this zombie coloring down perfectly! Great Halloween card!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the muted bg which totally makes the color on the zombie pop. Wonderful scene - very detailed and very scary! Love your coloring too! Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP