Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Summer Watermelons

>> Friday, August 5, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Is there anything better on a hot summer day than a slice of juicy, sweet watermelon? I think not! I love watermelon. I've seen quite a few folks sprinkle salt on it. So are you a salt or no salt person? No salt here..I'm just not a fan of salt on anything. A container of salt probably lasts 5 years around here. I'll tell you, that ant sure looks happy.

So to make my watermelon card, the big watermelon was stamped, colored & over stamped. I had the white die cut layer already there w/ the rectangle window cut out, so I made a black frame layer for it & attached it over the image. Parts of the two greeting were used and split up like you see. The checkerboard was stamped directly on the white layer & the fussy cut watermelon border was added on top.
I added some ants here & there because what's a picnic w/o ants, right? I added a little black glaze pen to the watermelon seeds to make them shiny. Below are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
stamps: DRS DesignsWatermelon Border, Watermelon & Friend, 4 in 1 Garden Bugs, Checkerboard Bg, Summer Story, Sweet Birthday
paper: white, black
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx
accessories: Copic markers, Misti, Spellbinders A2 matting basics A, Long Skinny Stitched Mats, pierced rectangles dies, black glaze pen


 

7 comments:

Sue said...

Love the bold look of the cute, cute card Julie! You've got me hankerin' for a big ole slice of watermelon though :)

Sue said...

Oops...and I'm a no salt kinda gal! The only thing I really like salt on is toast - weird right? A friend from Germany got me hooked on it years ago so now I can save some calories on the butter I don't use.

Donna Whitten said...

Cute card, so bright and summery! Love watermelon, no salt!

Janett Ray said...

Yum, looks good enough to eat. Love the colors.

Robin Clendenning said...

so cute Julie! I love this watermelon, ant card!! You are a master of design my friend!! Love it!

Shelia said...

This watermelon looks good enough to eat! Fabulous design too. I like the way you created your greeting, Julie.

nwilliams6 said...

No salt for me either! Love the way you did the border and this is such a happy and fun end of Summer card! Super cute, Julie! Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP