Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Masculine Color Block Card

>> Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Hi Everyone,

Today I have a masculine card to share with you. I was desperate for an easy card for a man, so I thought I would try this simple technique that I saw a long time ago and jotted down in my idea book.  I'm calling it the color block technique, but perhaps it goes by another name.  I'm happy to call it easy!

I began with 2 pieces of card stock, white and light blue, both 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" in size. I then stamped the Sailboat and Anchor on one and then the other, making sure to put the stamps in the same spot on both pieces of the card stock.  You could use a stamp-a-ma-jig or the MISTI to help line them up.  I then took both pieces, one on top of the other and cut them in half at the same time using my paper cutter..  All that was left to do was take the opposite colors and piece them back together.  



I changed up the placement of the gems and Sending you Sunshine greeting, just so the cards wouldn't be completely identical.


I finished them by layering them onto some matching card stock.  It was such a fun quick way to make 2 cards at the same time! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karin

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Great technique Karin. I really like the look & will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing this.

Love the rich colors you used & those images work perfectly with this technique!

Robin Clendenning said...

Cute card! Love the red, white and blue!

nwilliams6 said...

Super technique, Karin. How wonderful you know have two great cards. I am going to try this too. Hugz

Janett said...

Fun technique. Your cards look great.

Sue said...

Great card for when you're in a hurry! I'm seeing so many possibilities with this technique!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Super card, Karin! Love the color blocking & trio of little gems in the corner.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP