Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thinking of you

>> Monday, June 27, 2016

I don't know about you, but I can hardly believe this is the last week of June. It seems time goes by way too fast! My card today reminds me to take some time to sit, think, and enjoy life.


If you play along with DRS Designs' weekly challenges you may recognize this color combo. I bet I have made 4 or 5 cards using these colors since that color challenge! I really like it!

I started with the blue card base, stamped the greeting in Versafine Black Onyx ink and die cut the chevron section a bit lower than the middle of the card. I die cut the same die with orange CS. A piece of white CS was added to hold the blue pieces in place. The orange chevron was glued between the two blue pieces and then I randomly added some of the blue and orange die cut pieces.

The hot air balloon was stamped on both the blue and orange CS. I used the blue as the base of the balloon and fussy cut the orange pieces and glued them into place. The balloon was attached with foam dots for some dimension. Orange enamel dots complete the look.

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Cool chevron design Shelia and love the balloon! Beautiful colors and I don't blame you for doing more than one in those colors!! Love the orange enamel dots too!

Janett said...

Great card Shelia,love the hot air balloon the color combo is so modern love it! The die is the perfect finishing touch.

Karin said...

I LOVE this color combo and the clean, graphic design too! The chevron looks amazing and the the hot air balloon is one of my favorite stamps for so many cards and occasions!

nwilliams6 said...

Shelia, love that chevron strip and the colors are wonderful! Southwestern looking to me and when I think of balloons, I always think of New Mexico (balloon capital of the world) so this is perfect to me! Wonderful card - I love it! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so cute, Shelia! Love the pieced chevron across the bottom... I have that die but I can't remember if I've used it or not...looks super! And this is one of my fave color combos.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP