Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Wise Owl Teacher Thanks

>> Friday, April 8, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday! 
I hope your week has gone well! I'm feeling kind of tired this week & I'm pretty sure it's because of my new FitBit. According to it, I log almost a quarter mile every night when I thought I was sleeping. I used to sleep walk when I was a kid, but I'm pretty sure I don't anymore. I wasn't so tired until it told me about all the supposed mileage during the night. Wonder what's up with that??

Anyway, I have a Teacher Thank You card to share today. It's getting close to the end of the school year & a lot of people like to make cards for those special teachers. This also continues the DRS Challenge from yesterday to use a die cut. My original intent was to use the Owl & the Open Bible & then I thought, what goes w/ books? Reading glasses! Around here, anyway, because I have terrible eyesight. Then I pulled out the Teacher Tools & saw that the stump the owl was sitting on, matched up just about perfectly w/ the pencil cup in other image. If I had done it before hand, I would have masked the apple, but since the owl was already done, I just masked him & did an extra apple to add on top. The book was stamped twice & I used a Micron pen to scribble the "writing" & popped up the extra image to give it some dimension.
The blue bg was embossed w/ an apple folder & the Thanks word was die cut once out of the vermillion & once out of white & double stacked a little offset. The glasses were die cut & I put some thin plastic behind them to simulate the lenses.

Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copic colors I used.
Thank so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend & don't sleep walk too much!
Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Owl, Teacher Tools, Book (inside - Teacher )
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx
paper: Staples white, X-Press It white, bright blue, textured vermillion 
accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders A2 matting basics B die, Stitched Rectangle dies, eyeglasses die, apple embossing folder (Quickutz), Cuttlebug die/ef set,  Misti



7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is so fun and colourful and perfect for a teacher.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute!! The glasses on the owl in genius and just so adorable! Love the stack of books and the embossed bg too!

Shelia said...

Great card, Julie. I really like how you used the Bible image as a text book.

Janett said...

Genius the owl,books, and the open Bible is just genius. The glasses are the perfect finishing touch.

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh - I love those glasses!!!! They totally make this wonderful owl and book image look perfect!!!! What a totally fun card, Julie. Hugz

Karin said...

This is a total WOW! Your creativity with stamps and dies blow me away! Those glasses are darling and I love the text book too!

Sue said...

This is just as cute and clever as can be Julie!! Great idea to put the glasses on the owl!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP