Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Easter Monday!

>> Monday, March 28, 2016

Does anyone still refer to today as Easter Monday? I remember always having today off from school when I was a kid. Maybe I'm showing my age here!! Anyway, I still think of today as a special day to remember Easter and rejoice that Christ is Risen. So my card today celebrates that fact.



I started with the white CS, stamped the Christ is Risen Cross with Memento Black ink, colored it with Copics and die cut. It is layered on two more die cuts in yellow and green. Everything is attached to the yellow card base which was embossed with CB damask folder. The small Open Bible was stamped, colored with Copics, fussy cut and then attached with a foam dot for dimension. The word "Rejoice" was stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink.

I hope you have had a good Easter weekend and found time to rejoice!!

Thanks for stopping by today,
shelia

5 comments:

Karin said...

Yes! Easter Monday is awesome and so is this card! The cross and flowers are colored so lovely and the Bible embellishment is fantastic! Rejoicing with you :)

Sue said...

I wish we had Easter Monday off from school so we could recover from Easter Sunday!

Beautiful card today Shelia! Great idea using the Bible and Rejoice in the top corner!!

nwilliams6 said...

I am with Sue - I still wish we had it off! I talked to someone yesterday who had it off - and some of the schools around here had it off - lucky them. Your card is super pretty - love that Bible and rejoice stamp and the flowers are beautiful. Hugz

Janett said...

A very beautiful card Shelia love the flowers and the Bible is the perfect finishing touch.

Robin Clendenning said...

I love YOUR HAPPY YELLOW bg layer and beautiful cross Shelia!1 Wonderful Easter card!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP