Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Flying Balloons

>> Friday, March 11, 2016

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well.  Is the weather unusually warm where you are? I can't figure out how we went from sleet/snow last week to mid 70's this week. Crazy! So I'm going with a  warmer weather activity for my birthday card today. It wouldn't be much fun to be up in one of these babies if it were freezing, lol. 
I had a water color bg in my stash (I tend to make a bunch at a time for use later on) & I used the part of it that only had the red & yellow. There’s a little blue creeping in on the right, but not much. The two hot air balloons were stamped, colored w/ Copics, over stamped w/ Versafine then fussy cut. I also added one extra center panel  (a little elevated) on each balloon. The little curved white panel w/ the window cut out was a left over so I cut the bottom of the w/c panel to match. Added the greeting & some sequins  & done!

Here are the Copics I used on the balloons.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:


6 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Love these colors in your bg pieces!! Wonderful! Your balloons are beautiful and fit so perfectly with the sentiment!!

Karin said...

These colors are just gorgeous! Love the images and sentiment too :)

Sue said...

What a bright happy card Julie! The swirl of yellow in the watercolor square puts me in mind of a wind current - just perfect for the hot air balloons! Great choice on the sentiment too!

Shelia said...

Fabulous color combo & great card design!

Janett said...

Beautiful card love the colors.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow! Love the colors, the way you did the sky (reminds me of New Mexico skies), and the layout. This is stunning as usual, Julie. I so want to stay home and play today as I feel very inspired! Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP