Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Birthday Wishes

>> Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Hi Everyone,

While this looks like my simple standard card layout, technique wise, it definitely took me out of my comfort zone.  I recently bought a pad of watercolor paper, thinking this was what I was lacking for me to make a successful card using this technique.  While I do think the paper helped, at the very least, I need a lot more practice...maybe even art lessons...lol! 

I chose the Daisy Basket stamp because it's pretty and I thought it may be forgiving for a beginner like me.  I stamped it towards the top of my page, so that I would have room for the Small Birthday Wishes sentiment at the bottom, choosing the greeting purely because I thought the font worked with the watery coloring.



I did have a practice go at this image using my Peerless watercolors.  However, I was heavy handed when it came to the amount of water, so this second attempt was completed using Loew-Cornell watercolor pencils.  I did my coloring first and then went over it and did the blending using my watercolor brush pen.  I felt that it gave me more control, and I actually had to force myself to be a little loosey-goosey while spreading the colors. I did my best trying to add a shadow underneath as well.  Once it was dry, I added some glitter glue to the center of the flowers, roughed up the panel edges with some scissors and finished it off with a ribbon. 

Thanks for visiting us today!
Karin

6 comments:

Janett said...

I think it turned out beautiful. Your blending makes the flowers pop and the shadow is the perfect finishing touch.

Sue said...

WOW! What a spectacular card Karin! Your water coloring and shadows are fantastic!! Love the gold sparkily flower centers too!

Robin Clendenning said...

Lovely basket of flowers Karin! I love anything water colored (not sure why I don't do it more often!!). This is really pretty for spring and for Easter coming up very soon!!

ionabunny said...

I love my water brush. Especially with distress inks. I think your colouring is lovely. Hugz

Shelia said...

What a beautiful basket of daisies!! Your water coloring looks fabulous Karin! You did great on the shading!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so pretty & so springy, Karin! Love your pink & yellow daisies.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP