Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Halloween Magic Potions

>> Wednesday, October 7, 2015

It's just a week or so into October and our neighborhood has exploded into a Halloween frenzy!  It seems as if many of my neighbors have taken advantage of the mild weather we've had thus far and brought out every Halloween decoration they own. It's so nice to see the neighborhood look so festive! We've taken advantage of the weather ourselves and got our Fall yard work done, but our yard also has some scarecrows, pumpkins and even a milk carton skeleton! 
So, are you enjoying all the awesome, new Halloween stamps from DRS Designs last release? I having a lot of fun with them, but most of all I'm loving the color combos I've been using to show them off.  I love the fun bright colors that you can get away with on Halloween cards and this one is no exception!
 

For starters, I stamped and colored the Magic Potions Shelf (537H) with Copic Markers. Then I used a large, scallop Nestability die to cut it out. The Poison Potions Halloween Greeting (543Hwas too long for the layout so I split it up. I stamped the first and last set of lines on purple fishtail banners to use as embellishments around the colored shelf and the middle sets of lines were stamped directly on the white cardstock used for the image. I added some spider webs to the empty corners as shown and the top and bottom portions of the card front were lined with orange scallop borders. The black cardstock base was cut to create a 5" x 4.5" and the card front adhered in the center made it complete. 
 
I hope you enjoyed this card today and I hope the rest of your day is great!
Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Jennifer, I really like your layout!! Very clever use of the sentiment. Love how it frames the main image!!

Karin said...

The way you placed the greeting on the card is beyond awesome! Great layout and I like the corner spiderwebs!

Robin Clendenning said...

How cute to break up the poem like that! What an amazing job you did doing that!!! Very cute and colorful!

nwilliams6 said...

You used the sentiment so well on this - love the idea!! Super sketch and colors - a totally fun Halloween card!!! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How fun, Jennifer! Love the bright green w/ the purple & the way you split up the greeting is fabulous.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP