Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Heartfelt Christmas Greetings

>> Wednesday, September 2, 2015

My youngest daughter is very into rustic country items.  We have been scouring garage sales and thrift stores so she can find things to decorate her new home.  She paints them, distresses them, and arranges them so cute.  She has really inspired me to do the same with stuff in my craft room - especially old cardboard pieces I have saved.  The last few weeks I have used a ton of it!  Here is my latest creation with cardboard:


This also works for the latest DRS Challenge - Feeling Sentimental (make the sentiment the focus of your card) and you still have today to make it before the deadline.  I used the new DRS Designs Baby Jesus Heart  and Jesus is the Heart of Christmas Greeting.  I hand cut the heart twice for stability so it could stand up to being set on this fun silver Christmas Garland.  

I need to get going so I have more Christmas cards done before it is too late!  This may be one style I mass produce for some work friends as it was really easy and it looks so festive.

Hugz!

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Nancy, this is such a lovely rustic card ! I really like the way you used the cardboard & tiny silver garland!! Gorgeous!

Robin Clendenning said...

Nancy, I love how you are using the corrugated stock! Very cool!! Your baby Jesus done in the monotones looks beautiful as well! Also love the string of beads...such a cool card!

Sue said...

I love the rustic look too and this is beautiful! Great idea overstamping the design with the sentiment!

Karin said...

This is my favorite card with the new baby Jesus stamp! I love the shabby chic look and the soft monotone color and texture looks fabulous!

Janett said...

Beautiful love the corrugated paper with the white and silver beads.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Nancy! I love your elegantly distressed background & the neutral colors are wonderful.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP