Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Heart of Christmas

>> Friday, September 4, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! I'm here today to show you the card I wanted to show you last week.  Finally got the pics taken and this also fits our DRS Thursday Challenge...The Hole Thing (have holes in your project..pierced, punched, die cut, etc.) For all the holes in my project, I used a large die with cascading holes in different sizes. Since it kind of reminded me of stars, I used just the Christmas star from the 3 Wisemen image to stamp around some of the holes with white pigment ink. I backed with a lighter blue layer & added a larger die cut Christmas star in the upper left.

The Baby Jesus Heart was stamped w/ Memento, colored with Copics then over stamped with Versafine to bring out the details (it was in my Misti, so I could stamp it exactly in the same spot.) The sentiment was stamped separately & die cut. The finished card is 4.25 x 5.50 and these are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great Labor Day weekend!




Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Baby Jesus Heart, Jesus is the Heart Greeting, Three Wisemen
paper: X-Press It white, navy, lt blue
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx, Colorbox frost white pigment
accessories: Spellbinders A2 matting basics B, Cascading dots dies, stitched rectangles dies, star dies, Copic markers, crystal, Misti

5 comments:

Shelia said...

What a beautiful card! I really like how you used the star image with the die cut background!!

Sue said...

Julie, Julie, Julie you have outdone yourself today! What a beautiful card! I love how you're using your Misti and restamping on top of your coloring to really bring out the lines!

Robin Clendenning said...

Love baby Jesus and the star is fantastic! Beautiful background too with the holes and the starburst...Love it!

ionabunny said...

Beautiful, striking, gorgeous card. Love all the holes. Hugz

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous Julie! Love the blues and that star is so perfect! I need to get a Misti! Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP