Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Seaside Birthday Wishes

>> Monday, July 6, 2015


I have been playing around with Gelatos and TH Distress inks trying to watercolor various backgrounds. Some of them turn out really great and others, well... I was trying to create a beachy looking background for the new 4 in 1 Sea Shells. I started by stamping the sea shells in VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with white EP. Then using TH Brushed Cord. and Ant. Linen inks I water colored the sandy part. Once that dried I stamped the splatter background in Ant. Linen on some parts of the sand. For the water, I brushed on TH Evergreen Bough, which looks more blue than green to me. I added some white Wink of Stella to the water to create some sparkle. The sky was created with a couple of blue gelatos. Once everything was dry, I used some watercolors (of unknown origin) to color the shells. I added the baker's twine and then popped the water color panel up on the card base with some foam strips. The sentiment is part of the new beach birthday greeting. The rest of the greeting is on the inside of the card.

This week's challenge is splatters matter. We'd love to have you join in the fun!

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

8 comments:

Karin said...

I haven't ventured into using gelatos yet, but this card has changed my mind! The seashore that you created looks amazing and the twine is a great embellishment!

Sue said...

Love your sandy beach shells! The extra splatter stamping on top makes a huge difference! Great job!

Janett said...

Great card it as such a calm fleeing. You did at wonderful job with the gelatos.

Robin Clendenning said...

Lovely beachy bg Shelia! I think you did a great job and it looks wonderful with the shells!!!

Samantha said...

So pretty, Shelia! Your soothing color palette and design are just perfect. Love it!

nwilliams6 said...

Some awesome techniques! I haven't ventured into gelatos but this makes me want to try them! Love the beach you created. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Shelia! Love the soft, dreamy colors w/ the sprinkling of seashells.

Jennifer E. said...

Those shells look awesome embossed in white! Realistic really! Love the way you've added the twine too! Nice job!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP