Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Cool Beans Bunny

>> Friday, March 6, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Are you having crazy weird weather where you are? It's been a real roller coaster here the last few days. We went from highs in the mid 40's to 70 to around 35...all in the last 3 days. You can't get out of the door without having to turn around and change clothes. I'm starting to feel like those Victorian ladies who had a different outfit every couple of hours. Now if I only had a ladies maid & and butler, lol. A cook would be lovely, too. Something along the lines of Downton Abbey. 

While I'm waiting on all that, I'll show you my Easter card. This cute little bunny w/ the toothy smile has always been a favorite of mine, so I added a little color, die cut w/ a circle then trimmed off the left side to be even w/ the larger panel. On the background, I stamped the jelly beans w/ a pastel rainbow ink pad & die cut the right side. I couldn't find the right color of pink for the backing layer, so after die cutting it to match the top layer, I used the same pink Copics to color the edges. 

For the greeting, I had to use a stamp positioner to move the lines closer together then die cut w/ a banner flag. I made a couple of little cuts around the bunny to insert the flag then added a few sequins & a Candi dot because too much white space still makes me nervous, lol. The finished card is 4.25 x 5.50 and these are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Kaliedacolor baby powder rainbow pad
paper: Neenah white
accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders circles, nested pennant & bracket border dies, sequins, black permapaque marker (edges)

5 comments:

Karin said...

Adorable card Julie! I love the pastel jelly bean background and the scattered sequins :) Such a happy card!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh this is cute!! Love that Easter bunny and all those colorful jelly beans! Precious!

Sue said...

So cute Julie! I love the rainbow jellybeans and you made the pink layer just the right shade :)

Jennifer E. said...

He! He! Love that big Easter bunny head coming from the side of your card! Love those multi-colored jelly beans too!

Shelia said...

super cute Easter card, Julie. Love the pastel colors and the sequins!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP