Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Birthday Tile

>> Friday, March 20, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Today I have a birthday card to show you. This faux tile background was actually made a while back and I came across it the other day and figured it was time to put it to good use. The tile background is actually pretty easy to do and I have a couple of tutorials on how it's done..the first one was on my blog, then Splitcoast asked me to do one for them. Here's the one on my blog: Faux Tile Background and here's the one on Splitcoast: Delft Tile Tutorial (and yes, that's actually me talking on the video). They are basically the same so please check them out if you want to see how I did it. 

So after attaching my background to my 4.25 x 5.50 card, I stamped the larger branch on a die cut piece of white card stock using the same rainbow ink pad then die cut a larger fancy label out of vellum. The greeting was stamped on the vellum and I matched up where the branch was underneath and stamped it again on the vellum. I added a few fussy cut butterflies here & there to finish it.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! Be sure to check out the DRS Thursday Challenge...this week an Inspired by Color Challenge! There's a nice prize involved for one lucky winner!
Supplies:
paper: white, vellum
ink: Kaleidacolor Riviera, Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Scor-It board, Spellbinders labels 28 & decorative labels 28

5 comments:

Sue said...

LOVE your colors today Julie! 2 of my favorites paired together! I checked out your tutorial and you make it look so simple :) A wonderful spring card as I wait for 2-6 inches of snow ;)

Robin Clendenning said...

Julie, I love how you do those tiles! So so pretty! Beautiful main panel too! I'm with Sue, love blue and green together!

Karin said...

This technique is new to me and makes the most beautiful background! The card is gorgeous! Awesome job on the video too :)

Janett said...

Wow, love the blue and green and the the way you did the main panel is awesome.

Jennifer E. said...

How pretty! I love the colors! I'm always looking for new ways to use vellum.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP