Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Shamrock Rain

>> Friday, February 13, 2015

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! I know Spring isn't that far off, but it's still cold! Brrrr..... and supposed to get colder this weekend. I'm really grateful I don't live in Boston, and if you do..my sympathies! 

For my card today, I had this idea of using one of my favorite images, the Umbrella, and having it raining shamrocks. I stamped the umbrella base image and the top again on a separate piece so I could cut it out and pop it up on top. I masked the base image and stamped the Shamrock Bg w/ a green rainbow pad. So that part went well. Then I had to hunt around for a greeting that would make sense with the umbrella. I ended up putting together two lines from two different greetings...An Irish Blessing and Rain Down Greeting. I added a cut out four leaf clover in the upper corner and after attaching a light green rectangle to the larger kelly green one, I embossed them w/ a shamrock folder. The finished card is 4.25 x 5.50 and these are the Copics I used (not too many for a change!)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend and try to stay warm!

Supplies:
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Kaleidacolor fresh greens
paper: white, lt green, kelly green
accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders A2 matting basics A & B, nested pennants dies, shamrock embossing folder (Cuttlebug - Simply Charmed set)

7 comments:

Karin said...

This is so bright and cheerful! I love the double embossed background papers and your creative greeting :)

Sue said...

You are just too clever Lady! I love your pieced together greeting as well as the whole cheery spring looking card!

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so bright and beautiful!! Love the 3-D umbrella!!! The embossing is fantastic! Everything including the wonderful sentiment you made makes me happy!!

Janett said...

Very beautiful,love all the shades of green.

Samantha said...

This is so cute, Julie! I'd much rather see shamrocks falling than all this snow, that's for sure!

Shelia said...

How cute is this!! LOve the shamrocks raining down!!

Jennifer E. said...

Love everything about this card--the shamrock rain drops, how you colored and popped up that umbrella and how you combined the sentiment! So clever!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP