Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Thanksgiving

>> Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hi Everyone,
 
My card today shows off a couple of new stamps that were recently released here at DRS Designs!  They celebrate the fall season as well as one of my favorite holidays...Thanksgiving :) 
 
I began by coloring my Indian Corn using my watercolor brush.  Deciding to not use my Copic markers was definitely out of my comfort zone, but it allowed me to give the corn a softer look.  I was pleased with how easy it was to do.  While I was waiting for my image to dry, I stamped the Giving Thanks Greeting on kraft paper, die cut and matted it.   I stamped a bit of the Woven Plaid in orange & brown, because it reminds me of a Thanksgiving tablecloth.
 
 
 
I embossed a leaf background panel and then began assembling my card, tying on a ribbon to match my corn, adding the punched photo corners, and finally attaching my fussy cut corn.
 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! 
 
Karin


6 comments:

Janett said...

Karin, great card, I love the backgrounds and the way you colored your corn

Shelia said...

Fabulous Thanksgiving card, Karin! Love how you colored the Indian corn!!

Samantha said...

I just love your Thanksgiving card today, Karin! So warm and inviting!

Sue said...

What a perfect fall card! Great coloring on the Indian corn!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful autumn card, Karin! So funny...I think that plaid is going to be the stamp of the week (I used it on my Friday post, too). Love the embossing and fussy cutting.

Robin Clendenning said...

Love your plaid bg and embossing! Your indian corn is colored so nicely too!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP