Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hello, Spring.

>> Saturday, January 25, 2014


Hello, Spring....(or is that wishful thinking on my part).

Lately, we've been sharing get well cards made with DRS images, and well, I'll be the first to admit...

I am so *sick* of winter!  That might not be the nicest thing to say but these extreme cold temperatures are getting to me. Perhaps I need a little Vitamin D, LOL.  I decided that for this card, I needed to make my own little spring.  I only allowed myself to use warm colors and flowers.  It was a nice little escape.

To make this card, I stamped the DRS Designs image of "Medium Daisy Bloom" three times with Marvy black dye onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored them with Copic markers and cut around them with detailed scissors.  I added transparent pink buttons and Baker's Twine to the flower centers.

The card panel is a pink sheet of cardstock repeatedly stamped DRS Designs "Lines O'Plenty Background" using Adirondack Mountain Rose dye ink.  A strip of white cardstock was used, along with a die cut "hello" using black cardstock.  I placed the flowers onto the card panel.

My hope this card brings you a little warmth and helps you to believe in the promise of spring. 

Stay warm, friends!

Saturday smiles,
Kecia

7 comments:

Sue said...

What a lovely bit of spring on this cold winter morning! Beautiful coloring and great shading on the background too!

Shelia said...

oh what a lovely spring card!! I just love those daisies!!!

Janett said...

Beautiful, it does feel like spring. Great coloring and I love the background.

Jennifer E. said...

So pretty! Love the colors and your gorgeous daisies!

Karin said...

So, so cheerful! Love the button and twine embellishments :) Thanks for sending some sunshine via a blog post!

Samantha said...

Hello to you too! I just love this bright and cheerful card you have made!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Such a bright, happy card, Kecia! Love the colors and your bg rocks!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP