Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Let it Snow!!

>> Monday, December 16, 2013

Hi Everyone. Trust you all survived the weekend, especially if you live in the areas affected by this latest winter storm. We got 7.5 inches of snow here in Toledo, a record for this time of the year. It was kind crazy since it snowed all night and day. The crews just couldn't keep the roads clear enough for me. Of course, I grew up near Virginia Beach where half an inch of snow shut the area down for days! Driving in the snow scares me big time. I do love snow and how it makes everything clean and bright. Perfect for this time of the year!

So in honor of all the snow and the sledding around the neighborhood I have a snow card to share with you.


 I started by stamping the playful penguin postage frame in Memento Black on white CS as well as the 4 in 1 snowflakes in Taken with Teal ink. After coloring the image with Copics and adding some glitter with a Sakura Stardust pen, I punched the 4 corners and layered it on some teal, then green CS before adding the ribbon and putting the whole panel on the white card base. The Let it Snow image was stamped in Memento Black ink on white CS, colored with Copics and layered on the same teal and green CS. I added some punched teal snowflakes with rhinestone centers to finish it off. I like the way this fun card turned out. Hope you like it!

Be sure to check out this week's Anything Goes Challenge here at DRS Designs. We'd love to have you join the fun!!

Thanks for stopping by and stay warm!!

Until next time,
shelia

3 comments:

Janett said...

Oh I love it . Great use of the postage frame. The added sparkle is the perfect added touch.Beautiful.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute, Shelia! Love all the snowflakes and gems. Such a happy little penguin card!

Sue said...

I LoVE this color combo!!! And the sparkles inside the snowflakes! You just have to smile at this happy card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP