Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

A Brilliant Fall...

>> Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy Wednesday!

I had so much fun last night making this card!  AND it was easy too - what's better than that?


On Sale, that's what's better!  Okay, let me explain... after the kids went back to school, my local Target put all their back to school stuff on sale (that's when I like to do my shopping ;).  One of the craft supplies I scored was a set of colored metallic markers (you can see all of the colors except the silver above).  I've been dying to get into them but all sorts of things kept getting in the way and I finally opened them last night and on a whim tried one on black card stock.  The results were better than I had hoped!

So, to make my card I cut and folded a half sheet of black card stock, then created a mask of our Open Leaf stamp.  I stamped the black card using clear versamark ink and then embossed using white embossing powder.  Then it became all about the coloring.  I did tone down the bright white leaf veins by coloring on top and then using a q-tip and a little alcohol to dull them down.  My Brilliant Fall sentiment layer was stamped and embossed the same way and then layered on green metallic paper.


5 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Beautiful! Love how those colors pop against the black!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Fabulous, Sue! Love all the metallic on black. See? What'd I tell you about the kids' section? Awesome, right?

Shelia said...

Oh Sue, this is the perfect autumn card. Love those bright and beautiful leaves. I'm going to have to try this myself!! thanks for the inspiration!!

Carole C said...

That is one gorgeous card! I love it and can see other ways to use it. What a treat!

Karin said...

Looks like they were drawn on a chalk board! SO cool!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP