Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

No Words

>> Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hi Everyone! Jennifer here today with a bittersweet post. Over the weekend I stamped this sympathy card for a dear friend of mine whose Mother passed away. She was 84, full of life and a strong fighter at the same time.

When I first started making cards, I NEVER made sympathy cards. I always thought that since handmade cards were supposed to be kept, who would want to keep a sympathy card to remember the pain and loss they felt when they received that card. However, now I feel differently --I think a handmade sympathy card is extra special and it lets the recipient know you really care. I make sympathy cards often now, and I always make sure to have a few on hand so that I have one ready to go whenever I need one. How do you feel about making Sympathy cards?


I really like how this note card turned out because I think the blue and brown together are peaceful and calming. I used the No Words Sympathy Greeting (068G) for my focal point and used the Cross In A Cross (1022B) as an embellishment. Both of them were cut out using Nestability dies and I sponged them with brown ink before removing them from the dies. The Swiss Dots embossing folder added texture to the background and a simple brown ribbon and bow made this card complete. Finished card size measures 5" x 3.5".

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

7 comments:

Karin said...

Classic design and perfect for a sympathy card...I know it was appreciated!

Shelia said...

Jennifer, this is a beautiful sympathy card & I'm sure it will be treasured by your friend!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Such a lovely, comforting sympathy card, Jennifer! It's always so sad to need one, but like you, I think a handmade one speaks volumes.

Janett said...

Jennifer this is a beautiful card, and your friend will appreciate it in her time of lost.

Sue said...

I agree with you, a hand made card just makes it extra special - and this one is perfect!

Kecia said...

Never fun to make...but this one I am sure is so appreciated.

Dorothy S said...

Your card is lovely, with a thoughtful sentiment.
I used to feel as you did about making sympathy cards - I felt they looked home made. Now, however, I think a HAND made item is thoughtful - especially with so many dies, embossing folders, etc. to make them look special. I also think people will often keep cards as a memory of the loved one and for the tributes written on the cards.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP