Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Birthday Fishes

>> Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hi Everyone,
 
Don't hate me, but I love a card with a pun :)  Since I was working on birthday cards when I received this Big Mouth Bass, this sentiment came to me right away and knew that I had to make it happen. 
 
I made the background using the Bubbles stamp, stamping in both blue and green ink.  Then I stamped, colored and die cut the fish.  After adding a black mat, I decided it need something more, so I added some bubbles coming from his mouth and embellished those with some Stickles.  Wanting even more for my somewhat ordinary card, I stamped the fish again, colored him and fussy cut him out and added him with some dimensional dots.
 
 
For the sentiment I used the Birthday Wishes Greeting, leaving the first letter in each word un-inked.  That allowed me to use a circle punch and add a die cut glitter letter to create the birthday pun.
 
Here is a closer look at the fish and sentiment.

 
Well, what can I say but, "Best Fishes" to you and yours!
 
Have a great one :)
Karin
 


6 comments:

Shelia said...

Ha Ha!! Karin this is just too punny!! I love it!! The background looks awesome & i love the bubbles coming out of his mouth!

Jennifer E. said...

I love puns too and I love how you made your own to go with this fish! Nice job!

Kecia said...

I love this!!! Absolutely adorable in every way!

Samantha said...

Karin, this card is just adorable! Your bubble background came out fabulous and those glittery letters are just brilliant. Love it!

Sue said...

What a fantastic card Karin!! I LOVE the bubble background - and the bubbles coming out of his mouth are a perfect touch! Now my question is...should I make a Birthday Fishes stamp????

Janett said...

Karin, beautiful card love the colors and the glitter letters.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP