Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Father's Day!

>> Monday, May 6, 2013

I don't about you, but when I was in elementary school and had to walk a couple of blocks to school, I'd always complain about it, especially when the weather was cold. I can still remember hearing my dad talk about how he had to walk 5 miles to school, in the snow and uphill both directions. I don't know how old I was before I realized what he was saying made no sense! So when I saw this Father's Day Greeting, I knew what my dad's card would say this year!!  :-)


I started with a dark green card base since green is my dad's favorite color. After adding a layer of chocolate chip CS, a white layer was added that was stamped with the Chevron border in Chocolate Chip and Handsome Hunter inks. The strips were stamped with the hiker boot prints in Choc. Chip ink and layered on the same brown and green CS. The Greeting and Silhouette hiker image were both stamped in Choc. chip ink and layered on green and brown before attaching them to the base. Some tiny brown half pearls were added to the right corner to complete the look.  I think my dad will get a kick out of this!

Don't forget this week's challenge is to use butterflies on your card. We'd love to have you join in the fun!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Until next time,
shelia

6 comments:

Janett said...

Great card Shelia, love the boot prints with the hiker.

Jennifer E. said...

Nice card! Love the layout and how you were able incorporate all those stamps!

Anonymous said...

Super nice with the monochromatic look and I like how you used the chevrons and footprints.

Sue said...

What a wonderful combination of stamps! Your chevron is perfect!

Karin said...

Shelia, what a great layout on this card! Inspired combination of stamps too...LOVE!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is terrific, Shelia! Funny... my dad used to tell me the same thing. And since he (and I) grew up in TX, we didn't have snow very often, and not many hills. But he also told me he was Girl Scout when he was a kid, too. Yeah, right!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP