Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Winter Forest

>> Friday, January 4, 2013

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday & Happy New Year!
I hope y'all had a wonderful holiday! And I hope y'all are enjoying the sneak peeks at the new images. Don't you just love these new trees? I know I do!

Since the scene is so complete all on its own, I decided to keep it simple and just let the image do the talking. I used two different rainbow ink pads to ink it up...first I used the varied greens, then tapped the bottom half against the varied blues. The moon/sun part was wiped off and I inked it w/ the black ink. I added a bit of shadowing and some color to the moon/sun using Copics.

The oval frames were die cut and I used the white pigment ink to stamp the sentiment and little stars across the top. The finished card is 4.25 x 5.50.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: Forest Scene, Just Because, Starry Background
paper: white, marine blue, kelly green
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Kaleidacolor fresh green & blue breeze, Colorbox frost white pigment
accessories: Spellbinders petite oval dies, Copic markers

8 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Love the color change on your trees! Awesome scenic card!

Janett said...

Awesome,love the colors, to create shadows.

Anonymous said...

I saw this over on SCS and LOVE it. Super cool how you did the shadows...Awesome colors.

Shelia said...

Beautiful shades on those trees!!! Gorgeous card, Julie!

Sue said...

WOW! What amazing colors! How do you get them to be so bright and vibrant????

Casmiles said...

Julie - this is beautiful. Simple and beautiful. And you are right - the trees on their own is all you need. I'm gonna be getting these. Happy New Year!

Karin said...

Lovely gradient colors on those trees and overall beautiful card!

Samantha said...

I just love these colors, Julie and your simple design is just perfect! Great job!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP