Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Christmas Pines

>> Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hi Everyone!  Jennifer posting here today! Hope December is off to a good start for you and that your hand-stamped Christmas cards are well underway! I'm still working on mine and I'm happy to be sharing one of them with you today.
I started this by stamping the Triple Trees With Snow (004L) with green ink. Then I cut them out with an oval Nestie die and used red Stickles for ornaments or holly berries, however you prefer to think of them! I also added Icicle Stickles to some of the tree branches and snow mounds beneath the trees, which is better seen in the picture below.   I've seen a lot of holiday cards recently using red, white and Kraft so I thought these colors would be good to show off my holiday pine trees.  The White Christmas Text (259P) was stamped with white ink for the background on the Kraft cardstock and the edges were distressed with the same ink for a snowy effect.
The Small Merry Christmas (520D) is a 2-line sentiment, but I cut the words apart and stamped them in one line to fit the sentiment banner using Versamark ink. Then I heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Next, I embellished the banner with a snowflake punchie fastened with a small silver brad.  Thick red grosgrain ribbon was added to the top of the card front with a big red bow before adhering it to a 4.25" x 5.5" red cardstock base. 

Viola! Another easy Christmas card is complete!

Happy Holidays to you!
Jennifer

7 comments:

Sue said...

I love these colors! What's better than bright red and kraft??? A perfect bow too!

Shelia said...

Love your color combo, Jennifer. Your red ribbon and gorgeous bow are just the right touches to finish off this beautiful Christmas card!!

Samantha said...

Great card, Jennifer! So bright and cheerful!

Janett said...

Jennifer, love the card what a great ideal to add the ornaments on the trees. Great colors and backgrounds.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, this is glittery beautifulness!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So bright and festive, Jennifer! Love the red ornaments on the trees and all the sparkling snow. Wonderful color combo!

Karin said...

I never thought to put ornaments on these trees! Love this card :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP