Blog Widget by LinkWithin

A Tale of Two Cards

>> Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hi Everyone,
 
Have you been enjoying seeing cards made with the stamps that were released this past weekend at DRS Designs?  I had a blast making some of my favorite kinds of cards with them...Birthday cards!  They're the ones I make and send most often, so how could I not love them, right?
 
I thought I would shake things up by showing off two cards today.  I made them at the same time, one right after the other, so I thought I'd take some time to share my thoughts.
 
It always depends on who the card is going to, and the delivery method of the card that determines how much I embellish a card.  So while they are clearly different, they're both what I would consider my "style" of card.
 
This first card I would hand deliver attached to a gift for a birthday party, so I used lots of layers and some chunky buttons.  I colored up the Best Present Ever Cutie Pie Kid first, and then used those same colors, along with the Easy Dot background and Silhouette Balloon stamps to create my papers.  The new Sitting Thinking stamp matched the adorable boy, so that became my sentiment for the front.
 
 
This second card used the same type of color combo, but is flat and one that makes for easy mailing. I used the Silhouette Balloon again, and stamped it in Versamark and embossed it with clear powder. (Hard to see in the photo, but if you look at the top of the card, you can see the shine on the one balloon peeking out from the border...lol.) Vertical Birthday Wishes greeting is a new release along with the Framed Balloon Postage stamp.  Yes, you can used that on the corner of your envelope and put a stamp in the center!  Here I've used it on my card and inserted the Tiny Happy Birthday in the center.  To make it festive and not too plain, I added my beloved Stickles to those party balloons!
 
 
Two different cards, but both festive and fun! To see more of the new stamps just released, be sure to click here!
 
Happy shopping :)
 
Karin
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first card is a real masterpiece! Love the second with the embossed balloons in the background.

Shelia said...

Great birthday cards!! I love all the details on the first one and those glittery balloons on the second!!

Sue said...

Both are so great! Amazing how the same colors can look so different! Wonderful coloring too!

Janett said...

What great Birthday Cards. Love the embossed background on the first one and the glitter on the second.

downrightcrafty said...

both great cards and love the balloons on both such fun
Hugs Kate xx

Samantha said...

Double the fun day! Love both your cards today Karin!

Jennifer E. said...

These are awesome! Loved seeing 2 of your cards in 1 day as well!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wow! These are both wonderful, Karin! Love all the happy colors and dots on the first and that's such a super way to use that balloon post image. Great job!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP