Blog Widget by LinkWithin

You've Been On My Mind...

>> Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I think this serene scene in today's focal stamp is perfect for those difficult masculine cards.  I'm always struggling when it comes to making those, so I played off the image and made a nautical looking card.

I colored the Seaside Dock with my Copic markers and used the Dot Ribbon Edger stamp in the background, since I thought it looked a bit like ripples in the water. (Just and FYI...The edger stamp is a 2 for 1 stamp.  It's paired with a great border of Christmas lights!)  I added a strip of dry embossed stars, and a punched border that I embellished with a gel pen and wrapped it with some twine.  Twine and buttons seem to be my go to embellishment when it comes to cards for men.


The On My Mind Greeting works for any number of occasions and you can find more wonderful stamps in the new releases section at DRS Designs.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Shelia said...

great masculine card, Karin. I love the waves you created for this!

Anonymous said...

Karin, I really think this card is fabulous and it's my fave that I've seen done with this image. Great layout and best colors evah! Love the twine treatment, too.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful, Karin! I love this scene and your layout and colors are just perfect. Great card for a guy!

Janett said...

Great card Karin. The colors are wonderful, and the wave background.

Chrissy D said...

What a great layout and colors, Karin! I just love this image and the twine!

Sue said...

You've got me thinking Father's Day! Summer vacation too!!

Samantha said...

Love this one, Karin. Your coloring is wonderful and, as you've heard, the colors are terrific!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP